A girlfriend of mine, who’s pregnant, was having a lot of morning sickness. She explained to me that her doctor recommended Ginger to calm her stomach. Surprised and intrigued, I decided to take a deeper look at the benefits of Ginger. I learned that Ginger has some amazing health benefits. And, it can help you lose weight!
Most of us know ginger as a culinary tool. People use ginger to spice up meat such as poultry, seafood and beef. Also very common in Asian restaurants to be used as a side item or garnish for sushi and other raw food. Preparation for Ginger is often pickled in vinegar or sherry which gives it the hot and spicy fragrant and taste. Ginger doesn’t just help make your food taste delish, it can help you shed lb’s.
Ginger and Weight Loss
Ginger boosts your metabolism in two ways. First, it causes your muscle tissue to use more oxygen, which means you are increasing the number of calories you are burning. Secondly, Ginger increases lactic acid production, which causes more fat burning. Pretty awesome, huh?
What you may not know is that there are some major Ginger health benefits as well. Below are some extra reasons (as if you needed any) to amp up your intake of Ginger.
Some Health Benefits of Adding Ginger to Your Daily Diet are:
- Controlling vomiting and nausea because of its ability to control the movement of the gastrointestinal tract.
- Given to help treat cough, cold and congestion.
- People with diabetes often take Ginger because it’s believe to help lower cholesterol content in the blood.
- Helps relieve pregnant women when having morning sickness.
- Can be applied to burns to help immediately relieve pain.
- Believed to help wounds such as snake and insect bites.
- May help relieve arthritic pains.
- Believed to help relieve tooth aches.
Ginger Tea is an easy way to get the needed Ginger intake.
Here’s the Beneifits of Ginger Tea
- Relieves nausea
- Fights motion sickness
- Helps digestive processes
- Calms inflammation
- Helps reduce dizziness
- Limits flatulence
- Controls chronic pain
- Helps ease the pain of muscle aches and rheumatoid arthritis
- Minimizes symptoms of the common cold, allergies, and other respiratory conditions