We met in an elevator and I will forever be grateful for that day. I was not the same person I am now, I don’t think many of us remain the same for almost a decade. I was a younger version and rarely had to worry about my weight. I was once one of those women who never had to exercise or watch what they ate, I was merely naturally slim. I am not like that anymore however and eating healthy has become a solid part of my life. Something that I wouldn’t change by the way because I always feel great inside and out.
Back in the first few years of our amazing marriage, we celebrated our love in different ways. I used to think we had to bust out the bubbly, go out to dinner and eat all the chocolate I could get my hands on. I also always ended each Valentine’s Day with a three day hangover. I now know you do not have to do any of that to have a great Valentine’s Day.
11 Tips on Having a Beautiful and Healthy Valentine’s Day
- Spark a fire by transforming your living room into a candle lit dinner for two.
- Instead of drinking champagne, blend up strawberries, club soda, and ice. Pour it into a cute champagne glass for a delicious beverage,
- Cook a healthy dinner such as grilled chicken with home-made mushroom sauce, steamed veggies and a sweet potato.
- Leave behind any negative thoughts and concentrate solely on the love of your life.
- Take the date outdoors and go for a scenic hike.
- Have strawberries dripped in low-fat whipped cream for dessert instead of a box of chocolate.
- Create a do-it-yourself project together such as making a photo album or calendar.
- Convert your bedroom into your very own hotel suite including rose petals, candles, and pictures of the two of you.
- Play a game with each other by writing down your favorite qualities and things you love most about each other.
- Take a stroll around your neighborhood holding hands like you were teenagers again.
- Burn a ton of calories by having amazing sex. Nothing screams I LOVE YOU more than alone time between the sheets.
The point of Valentine’s Day is not to indulge in unhealthy meals or buy each other expensive gifts, it’s simply to celebrate love. Just letting that other person know how much they mean to you and how important they are is all you need.
Your partner is the one person who brings so much joy to your life, you can let them feel special without breaking your diet. This is all about sharing your life with that other person, it’s about loving and being loved.
So try out one, or all, of these tips in order to have a great healthy Valentine’s Day. Let me know how it goes and which one’s you and the love of your life enjoyed the most. I have a feeling it may be tip #11.